Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Things a Day, Day 5

The girls and I decorated shirts with the iron-on kit Anna got for Christmas. Emma made the top two, Anna the bottom two, and I made the last one.









The girls made their's fairly conventionally....pretty much lined up in the center of the shirt, and just how the iron-on came. I made mine a bit unconventionally...I put it on the sleeve and cut out pieces from a couple different ones. Emma wore her blue one (the second one; it looks black) and Anna wore her pinkish one today. They are SO cute!
Daddy gathered materials for his next project today...that's his contribution to thing a day. He's been reading about making models using foam, and as we were driving past a furniture store I thought I saw some in a pile of cardboard. We were late for the after-school program, so when it was over we drove back and it was! He completely filled the back of the van with it. I don't know where or how he's going to store it, but he's got it, and it was *best of all* FREE!
We went to a used book store that gives credit for books brought in. We took a box of books and got $140 credit! THAT's my kind of store! The girls picked out a pile of books each, Anna's were Animal Ark, and Emma's are Mary-Kate and Ashly and Babysitters Club. I didn't get one, but I'm thinking of going back and getting one I looked at...Ancient Americans, really cool book.
We stopped by the library afterwards and I found three Unfortunate Events books on their discard cart, so I bought them to take over there, too. I am SO looking forward to going back.
I LOVE bookstores! ; )





1 comment:

Dawn said...

Wow! You must of had a lot of books or really good ones! I'm trying to collect all the Series Of Unfortunate Events as well. We've read all of them through the library and really enjoyed them.