Thursday, February 21, 2008

Still Hurting

My back is still hurting, so I've not been blogging. I only sit up at the computer for as long as it takes to check my e-mail, then it's back to the couch. : )

Yesterday and the day before I tried to do too much, and ended up in so much pain I had to take a pill last night. I HATE taking medicine.

SO, for the rest of the weekend I'm not going to do ANYTHING. I'm going to let Daddy do all my chores, and just rest on the couch. Hopefully that will help it heal.

I decided Tuesday evening that it was silly for me to try to do things that I knew could aggervate it...like lifting heavy cookers up to high shelves, so I asked Daddy to do it for me. He was proud of me.

THEN I thought it would be fine to go to the library with the girls for the after school program and wait on Daddy, even though he had a doctor's appointment and I knew it would be a long (unpredictably long) time before he'd get back. By the time he got back I was in dreadful pain, but couldn't leave. I suppose I could have laid in the floor, but the thought of germs is worse than the pain. ; )

So after all that, I decided to go out with Daddy to the "far" library yesterday. He only had to return one book, and I needed to stop by the grocery store and needed him to lift dog food for me, so we both went, but then he wanted to look at more books...and I spotted a Birds of North America book and grabbed it off the shelf...I'll bet it was a good thirty pounds! SO, by the time we got home I was in such pain I had to take a pill. The pill did work, though, and I spent a fairly restful evening/night.

However, it has taught me that overdoing is as bad as lifting heavy things, so I'm going to just take it easy.

On another topic...we got to see the eclipse last night! We were thinking it would be too cloudy, but they were fluffy clouds, so we could see it at times. : )

When the eclipse was almost over...just the last sliver of shadow still on the moon...the girls went out and danced in the road by moonlight.

No comments: