Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Once again...I am SO Glad my Girls Aren't in School!

Rachel has started teaching at the school Justus goes to, so she's bringing home lots of interesting tid-bits. Today she brought home these two...

"Aaron had to stay in from recess again today, because he wouldn't color his picture. He hates coloring." The kid is 5! Bleah. Enough said. : (

Then she was talking about Dylan. Now it just so happens that I know Dylan fairly well, because he's in my Sunday School class. He's a very sweet little fellow, with beautiful brown eyes...I'm a sucker for brown eyes. lol Anyway, she said he was supposed to be writing his spelling words three times each and hadn't done it and was going off to talk to someone and she told him to do it, and he said he'd do it later. She told him to do it right then. I pointed out that he has some problems with muscle control and maybe he can't write that many words that many times. Mom agreed with me, saying that sometimes kids who don't want to do things it's because they can't do them, or because doing the thing is uncomfortable for them.

I'm sorry for them, that they don't have the option to "just say no". Why the heck would anyone need to color a stupid picture before they get recess anyway? Isn't coloring supposed to be *fun*?

Bleah, again.

I'm sure as long as she's teaching there I'll have lots of things to post complaints about. lol

No comments: