Monday, December 29, 2008

Recap of the Weekend...If I Can Remember What We Did...

We stayed in Friday, then went to Wal-Mart to see what they had in their after-Christmas sale. I bought candles, cookies, chocolate-covered cherries, thin mints, and garland. Emma bought a case of make-up and a string of blue lights (I MUST have blue lights. They're just SO pretty!)

When we came back from there (after stopping by the hospital to see our next-door neighbour who had a stroke on Christmas Eve...she's doing better...) the girls and I went to my mom's for lunch and my sister came up with her kids, then my brother's kids came and it was pandemonium for the next few hours. : ) Good pandemonium, though. My kids and my sister's son tried to break into the hunting cabin in the woods above Mom's, but other than that...and the swimming in the drainage ditch....everything was nice. ; )

I got an itch while we were sitting around the kitchen table talking and got up and started cleaning the cabinets and re-arranging the kitchen. lol I guess I'm more like my mom than I suspected...she moves furniture ALL the time!

(A joke on me here...I'm more like Daddy's mother than I thought before, too. We were talking about men marrying women like their mothers and I said I didn't think I was at all like my MIL. Then when we opened Christmas presents Daddy asked if I hadn't gotten him something he knew I had, so I went off to look for it. I found it (unwrapped) and two more unwrapped gifts for each girl. I laughed SO hard, because that's exactly what Daddy's mother does every year. "Did you open XXX? Where IS that? Oh, it's still under my bed.....in my closet...in the bag from the store..." lol )

Yesterday the girls went out to eat with Mom after Church, then they went to her house to help her clean. Daddy and I went up to pick them up, and we all ended up playing Are You Smarter Than a Fifth-Grader. (And we were! lol) It was so much fun we decided we should invite some friends and relatives and do it again sometime. I picked nuts from their shells and put them in the freezer, cleaned part of the refrigerator, and washed the dishes while we played. It was easier to think while I was working. ; ) I did great on the history/geography questions, not so hot on the science, and stank on the math ones. ; )

No comments: