Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Meme

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate, with LOTS of marshmellows

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps...he used to do fancy wrapping and big beautiful bows, but he got old and tired and now they just have paper tossed around them any which way.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White this year. And only one strand. They're pretty, though.

4. Do you hang Mistletoe? If I could harvest it myself I would. (That's a "no".)

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the first day of December. This year it was the 4th or 5th.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I'll eat almost anything as long as it's fresh.

7. Favorite memory as a child? Hiding behind the tree and eating off the candy canes. My mom finally started buying extra boxes of candy canes to replinish the tree on Christmas Eve.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't know that I ever didn't know.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We usually go to my MIL's and open gifts, because DH can't wait. lol

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Ornaments, one for *almost* each year we've had kids. I think we're missing 1997, but I also thought we had one before, so it may have been packed in a different box somehow.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? More indifferent than anything else. It's lovely when it's falling, though.

12. Can you ice skate? I skated all over the place last night when we took the dog out for a walk. Or did you mean on actual *skates*? Never tried. Probably could, if my knees held up.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I still have it...a teddy bear I named Frances.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My grandmother's fudge..chocolate, that is. She also makes peanut butter fudge, but I don't like it as much.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Baking cookies...and we have this little thing we do...it started when my girls were tiny and got so excited when they saw houses decorated for christmas they screamed. Every time they saw one. At the top of their lungs. In the car. So I told them we would do this instead..."The first house is Oooooh, the second house is Ahhhhh, and the third house is Ohhhhhh, then start over again with Oooooh." lol They still do it. ; )

17. What tops your tree? A star. It's a metal ornament tree and the star came with it. (Kind of like this one, but I found this picture online. It actually may have been easier to turn around and take a picture of my actual tree, but my house is messy around it.) ; )

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Silent Night...maybe. There is probably some other song I like that I just can't remember. I tried to make a Christmas playlist the other night, and was e-mailing my sister for help, because I couldn't remember any songs.

20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? See number 7. Yum.

21.Favorite Holiday Movie? Charlie Brown Christmas.

No comments: