Friday, December 5, 2008

Buying Fini

I finished up my christimas gift-buying yesterday. Daddy says he still has to buy me a little something more, but he's already bought the three things I wanted most (a book, a round thermometer and socks...soft fuzzy warm socks...) (Pictures courtesy of the internet...those aren't my feet, although I'd like to have those socks....) ; )


Now I just need to wrap things....they're all sitting in a pile in my bedroom right now...and figure out where to put them until christmas. If we go ahead and put them out Luc will tear them open and eat the paper. He has some sort of paper fetish. I bought a bag of cat litter the other day, and he even opened that! Not to mention, he has torn holes in an envelope I had on my desk...and split a lunch bag I had there, too. He's part rat, we believe. ; )


I'm thinking of decorating today...I don't know if I'll actually feel like it when I move from in front of the computer....buy maybe I will. The girls are wanting something interesting to do....decorating sounds interesting. I'm wanting, also, to make a gingerbread house to eat...probably using cookie dough instead of gingerbread dough...and decorate it, then eat it. ; ) At my MIL's Thanksgiving dinner one of DH's cousins was talking about when she was a kid someone making gingerbread houses every year and they weren't allowed to touch them. I'd much rather my kids have memories of making a house, then *eating* the house...instead of watching it crumble and fall apart, then be thrown away. They don't like the way the gingerbread tastes, though, so I thought we'd try cookie dough. Molasses sugar Cookies...my favourites. ; ) Even if they're not stiff enough for a house, at least we can eat them. lol


Emma made a gingerbread house for a contest, but didn't win. We got our hopes up really high, then crashed.....although she doesn't seem to mind a lot. *I* thought she should have won. ; ) At least second place.

It's an "Over The Hedge" theme, with the log, the hedge and some of the animals...Stella, Hammie, Vern, and the two porquipins.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

She should have won! That's a great idea and I'll have to copy the rice krispie trick for the hedge!

Have you seen easy to make Gingerbread houses made from graham crackers? I've also seen someone use sticks of Big Red gum which gives the house a nice cinnamon smell.

We made a gingerbread house last year and I was tempted to buy a store bought kit, but my son told me our house wouldn't have any soul if I did. He's hasn't mentioned yet wanting to make one this year, so maybe I'll get out of it.