Friday, March 14, 2008

Today, and This Past Week...

Let's see....I've been thinking what I should write about...

I'm rather mad at Daddy, so I'd like to grouse about him, but I think I'll refrain and spare anyone who reads here...the two or so people. lol

We've been cleaning up outside. We got rid of piles and piles of stuff. We had enough metal junk we could have sold a load for scrap (we've heard the prices are up right now for scrap metal), but Daddy didn't care enough to try it. He kept saying, "We'd only get $6." I have no idea where he came up with that number, but with gas over $3 a gallon he couldn't see driving 50 miles to get $6. lol

Anyway we took off load after load of junk yesterday...I don't know how we do it...every spring we get rid of stuff and every spring we have more to get rid of. Eventually we HAVE to get to the end, don't we? lol

When we finished with the junk we went to the store (and I slipped off and bought Daddy's anniversary present), then we stopped by the library for a minute; we didn't stay long because we had Oscar with us and he howled and howled after us. ; ) He's a lovey. Then we went to get water, and Oscar and I put spring flowers on the graves and had a nice walk and found a turtle shell without the turtle and the girls picked daffodils.

Today I had my follow-up appointment for my contacts. I also ordered my glasses, so by next weekend I'll have fresh new glasses AND contacts.

We went to both the near library and the far library, and the used bookstore. I bought the book Anna and I had such a good time looking through last time we were there (Mound Builders and Cliff Dwellers by Time-Life), and several others for the girls. I was SO hoping the book would still be there, and YAY! it was. ; )

No comments: