Saturday, March 29, 2008

It's Been A Quiet Week...

which, I suppose, is why I haven't posted here.

We went up to Mom's Tuesday and I cooked a turkey dinner for everyone, and stayed a long time afterwards talking.

Mom found Emma a vintage mink coat, which is simply gorgeous. She ripped it a bit when she tried it on, so I'll have to mend it, but I think I can. I don't have a *lot* of experience working with furs, but I'm a quick learner. lol

Pretty much the rest of the week we've just enjoyed being home. Resting, getting things done, playing games...

Emma has been practicing drawing cartoon-type faces, and doing really well at it, too. Plus, she's been working on her stamp and coin collections. (Daddy and I were talking about her on our walk last night...and decided she'd start a collection of anything if it didn't move too quickly. Daddy suggested dust bunnies and belly button lint. Ewww. I *won't* mention that to her...she really might. lol) I found her a notebook for her stamps, and gave her some of the double-sided tape I had for scrapbooking and she put the stamps she already had in her new notebook. Last night, though, I hit the mother lode....a pile of old letters from my childhood! Letters from my first boyfriend and several cousins who lived out-of-state. She got a bunch of *new* stamps and Daddy got to tear up the first boyfriend letters. (In one of them he wrote, "I think I've convinced my mom to stop reading my mail." lol) In going through my things I came across some of the coin protector thingeys...cardboard with a plastic window for the coin....and gave her them for her coins. Then, since I was cleaning anyway, I cleaned out one of my dresser drawers and found a box she can keep her coins in. She was happy. : )

Anna has been doing her sorts of things...which includes running through the house and building things. Yesterday she made a replica of the Tabernacle, with little signs saying things like, "Do not trip over the candlestick!" lol.

They've been watching Stargate-SG1 with Daddy. Emma asked last night if they could declare today a "Stargate Saturday". : ) Daddy is *supposed* to be going to the funeral of one of his brother's friends, though, so I don't think they will watch ALL day. Of course, knowing Daddy, he'll come up with 101 reasons NOT to go. lol

Oscar has learned how to climb up on Daddy's table so he can look out the window. It was really pretty outside one day this week, and I stayed out on the porch most of the day, and he'd climb up and peer out at me to see what I was doing. lol Now he's walking around on it, barking at the neighbours. lol

No comments: