Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Doings Lately

The girls have been doing so much lately...and I keep thinking, "Ohhh, I need to blog about that, so I won't forget it." Now that I'm here at my blog...I've forgotten it all. lol

They're watching Princess Diaries 2 now.

We went to the library today (and paid off our $20 fine), and found a treasure trove of books...pictorial histories and nature books for me, graphic novels for Emma and computer and comic books for Daddy. Anna read her books there, and didn't want to bring any home. : )

We had an appointment this afternoon, and while Daddy and I were in the office, the girls went to the next office and talked with my SIL who works there. After we were finished with our appointment we went over and talked a bit too, then Emma disappeared, and when I located her, she was at the door of the next office ~ talking. It made me laugh....especially since I was reading just the other day the old worn-out line...."They won't know how to *socialize*." I'll be dogged if they didn't "socialize" with everyone in the building, from the workers in their offices to a really cute baby in the waiting room. THEN, we went to the library where they proceeded to "socialize" with everyone from a tiny little Hannah (age 5) to the oldest of the librarians (age...unknown lol). There were several kids their age there, and they "socialized" with them just fine, too. That seems to be the main thing people have against homeschoolers...once again, proven wrong. ; )

Of course, I'm preaching to the choir here. lol

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I always tell new homeschoolers the socialization myth is the last thing they need to worry about. I think its just a fear tactic those who don't understand homeschooling use. I've never met a homeschooler who was fearful of people and didn't know how to communicate.