Monday, March 31, 2008

Anniversary Day : )

Daddy and I have had a good anniversary day today. : )

We woke up this morning to streamers and balloons all over the living room. The girls did it sometime during the night. Emma said, "Mom, did you hear us?" I said no, and Anna says, "See, Emma, I told you I wasn't being too loud." lol

They did everything they could think of to help us this morning...Emma hung the laundry and Anna fed the rabbits and dogs and Emma watered the rabbits.

Then....we thought we might like to go on a picnic to celebrate the day. We decided to go down to the graveyard where Daddy's great-grandmother is buried, so we drove down there, and had a picnic and picked up a bunch of trash.

(Yeah, it's an odd way to celebrate...what can I say...we're odd. lol)

I hurt my knee...I can barely move it now and it hurts like anything when I do move it, so I was glad when we came home. I'm contemplating a nice warm bath...ahhhh. ; )

On the way home we saw a pileated woodpecker! Right beside the road, it was on a dead tree, and I yelled and Daddy pulled over and stopped and it creaped around on the other side of the tree then flew off to another tree, then to a farther one, but both girls got to see it fairly close before it flew. : )

It was a really good day...except for the knee. : )

No comments: