Monday, April 7, 2008

Today was WONDERFUL!!

I got SO many thing done I've been wanting to get around to!

I finally got into my compost bins...and oh, the DIRT! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my compost bins. I was really wishing I had charged the camera batteries yesterday when I thought of it, so I could post pics of the wonderful, big pile of DIRT I got. (Isn't that just the wierdest thing? lol) I put compost over all my flower beds, and set a bit aside for the girl's seeds they're starting.

I got the cabbage and tomato plants in the ground, and planted okra and radish seeds.

The girls carried brush to the backyard for a cookout tonight, and we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows when it started getting dark.

Daddy worked on his car, and got it running nicely (for the most part). Now he just has to decide if he should sell it or drive it. ; ) I sat with him while he worked on it, and he liked that. : ) I had a hammer and chisel working on getting concrete off some blocks so we can use them for Emma's storage building, but squished my little finger in the process, which put a stop to that. That's when I went and started digging in dirt, so now I have a cut finger with dirt in it. I'm thinking a nice long bath might help clean it up, though. : )

No comments: