Monday, April 28, 2008

Prosopagnosia

Here's a thought....and I've been thinking it for a while, but haven't taken the time to look it up until now. I'm face-blind. While I've known it for years (when I was a kid I hated it when relatives would come to visit, because I never knew who they were...both my mom and dad had loads of siblings, and, while I eventually learned most of my mom's family, I still don't know my dad's) anyway, I've known I have a problem for years, but haven't bothered to look it up until now.

It's interesting...this is an article that is rather like what it's like...especially the part about watching movies...it may be one reason I don't like movies particularly well.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/13/AR2008031302273.html

oohh, and Harvard research...

http://www.faceblind.org/research/index.html

It's annoying to live with, but interesting to read about. lol

My SIL dyed her hair black and it took me three months to recognize her...and by that time, of course, she's going back to her normal color. lol

No comments: