Thursday, April 10, 2008

Doctor's Visit

Which begins with being 10 minutes late!

Shame, shame on us...

The doctor actually had the audacity to say Anna was overweight! She's just about the exact same size of most of the 7 year-olds we know (and we know several), so I really don't see how a almost 11 year old the size of a 7 year old is overweight. Anyway, we're going to make an effort to walk ~as a family~ a mile a day.

Anna has a cyst or something on her leg, and he said he'd never seen anything like it, and referred her to a dermatologist. I hate having to wait, but we won't even be able to call them until Monday. Anna is glad for the wait, though...she wouldn't mind waiting until forever. lol

And Emma has scolosis. As far as I know, no one else in our families have it. He said it's mild, and he's just going to watch it for now...she's going back in 6 months for a re-check...so I get to worry for 6 months.

Both girls got shots...and had blood taken for tests. : ( THAT wasn't fun, but they did it without TOO many tears.

The absolute worst part was....we had to get up at the ungodly hour of 6:30 am!....and we were still late. lol

We did find out that our doctor is a homeschooler, too! That's always a nice discovery. Both he and his nurse were very positive about our homeschooling...even though they did ask about grades. I faltered a bit, but recovered quickly and said, "A's". lol

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Be grateful your doctor is a homeschooler. I've had to educate ours these past several years. He constantly asks naive questions like to DS then 6, "How MANY friends do you have?" Not do you have friends.

To me he asked, "What was your college major?" You know I didn't major in early childhood education either. How did I ever get them from babyhood to school age?

I'm reading A Thomas Jefferson Education by Oliver DeMille and I love the suggestion for grades like this; "A" is for "acceptable", "DA" is for "Do Again". At our next visit, I can report they get A's and DA's and watch the doctor's eyebrows raise up!