Friday, April 11, 2008

Mushy Rooms on Toast

We picked mushrooms today! The only kind I feel safe picking and eating are morels, because they're so distinctive. We found 16! The first was a surprise...just sitting beside the road where we were picking up trash, then the other's we found in a spot we knew they've grown in the past.

We even saw a dead goat lying on a rock in the middle of a stream today. STINKY!! Anna was a bit scared of it, but we went on, and I don't think she thought of it anymore. Out of sight, out of mind. : )

Daddy and Anna fished some, and Emma a tiny bit. Emma caught the only fish, the first one of the year, and Daddy caught a snapping turtle. It was just a tiny one, and didn't snap at him when he was getting it unhooked.

Oscar went with us...and had a wonderful time. He got so tired out he was falling asleep on my lap on the way home...sitting up so funny. He was sitting on my lap facing forward, leaning up against the window and drifting off to sleep. I could see his reflection in the mirror...it was SO cute.

The doctor called back today...Anna's cholesterol is over 300! She's always been very much a carnivore...she's going to have to learn to eat differently. She did really well today, having oatmeal for breakfast, carrots and a sandwich for lunch, and mushrooms, noodles with turnip greens, gravy (from a packet so it didn't have cholesterol), and a roll for supper. I meant to look up the mushrooms to see if they had cholesterol, but I've forgotten to.

I'm supposed to be getting her some suppliments, too, but I've got to read about them some online so I'll know what I'm after in the store. I went and looked today, but it was all so confusing.

No comments: