Tuesday, May 19, 2009

yellow memories...


The "it begins with a colour" theme is YELLOW for this week.

When I was about 13 we moved into an old, old house. The kitchen was an addition, tacked on to the back of the original 1800's house, and it *could* have been a very dreary, unhappy room.

Instead, my mom painted the walls a cheery yellow, added blue touches for accent, and hung what I remember as the most beautiful curtains in the whole, wide world. They were gauzy white, with yellow flowers on long green stems.

I sometimes dream about having those curtains in my kitchen.

Even on the coldest wintery days (and that house did get cold!) the kitchen was always a warm and happy place to be.
With sweet and happy memories of a yellow room, it's no wonder it's one of my favourite colors now! : )

No comments: