Monday, May 18, 2009

Seventeen Years Ago Today...

I wasn't "the baby" of the family any more.

I spent the first part of the day in a hospital waiting room.

I cried the first time I held him.

I was afraid I'd drop him, so I held him on a pillow.

I swear...he seemed SO tiny!

He was the most wonderful gift I'd ever been given.

He has never disappointed me.

He is absolutely the sweetest fellow I've ever known.

I could still tell the story of choosing his name.

He's never once complained to me about it. ; )

He is awesome!

He is responsible.

He is sweet.

He is kind.

He likes money in the same way I do.

He likes clothes in the same way our sister does.

He is looking more and more like my older brother every day.

He's almost an adult.

He drives now.

And he has a girlfriend.

I don't see him nearly as much as I'd like anymore.

I miss him when I don't get to see him.

When I stop by his school for some other reason I snoop around until I at least spot him.

I will cry when he gets married.

I will cry when he has kids of his own.

Heck, I'm crying writing this out!

He's my baby brother.

And I love him like he's my own child.

Even though he's not so much a child any more.

I told him he wasn't taller than I was until he could kiss me on top of my head.

One day when I went to visit, he walked past and kissed me on top of my head.

He's so much taller than that now I can barely kiss his cheek standing on tip-toes.

He's gone to a track meet thing this week....and I don't get to wish him a happy birthday in person, although I did when I gave him his birthday money last week.

Happy Birthday, Baby Brother!

Do you have any idea how much I LOVE YOU!??!

No comments: