Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Lovely Mother's Day

This morning when I got up there were three cards and two gifts on the table waiting for me.

This one is from Anna. (Translation:
I love you so I made a poem for you.
_______________
You know & I know
You are not old,
And I love you
More than silver
and gold! )

This is one of my gifts from Emma...isn't it sweet? : )
They also had decorated the living room mirror with hearts.
We went out for lunch, and when we got back home I received one more gift....
... this is the first year this particular peony plant has bloomed, and it has LOTS of buds! I am SO thrilled it bloomed on Mother's Day. : )

I relaxed on the porch and read for a while, enjoying the sun and soaking up the GREEN!!! I LOVE SPRING!!! You know how Scrooge McDuck dives into his piles of gold coins? I want to be able to do that with the green on the mountain! ; ) It thrills me every time I see it.

I made Cream of Spinach soup for supper...it turned out really good, but neither girl would eat it because of the color. Emma said, "You don't want to know what I think that looks like." lol
It was good enough that I had two servings! I made it from scratch, too...starting with picking the spinach from my garden. It took about 2 1/2 hours from garden to stomach. I'm still considering whether or not it was worth it. lol 2 1/2 hours is a lot of time to spend on one pot of soup only half the family eats!

From cards and gifts to lunch out to a new flower to a yummy supper...it's been a good day. : )


2 comments:

Dawn said...

I remember my mom had peonies in her yard. They were always covered in ants, so I didn't go near them. She told met he ants actually helped the flowers to open.

Paige said...

I've heard that, too. Last year they were covered with ants, but the buds never opened, this year I've only seen one ant and I now have two flowers open. Go figure. ; )