Monday, May 18, 2009

One of my Favourite Things...

is a used book sale!

We totally got more stuff than this, but about half of it disappeared as soon as we came in the door.

We did get less stuff than at last year's sale, but we still managed to come home with a box full.

Besides what is in the picture Daddy got several books, and I picked up some posters and nature magazines for Anna, plus a binder and a folder. We took fifteen or so boxes ~BIG boxes~ of books to sale, and we brought home fourteen boxes full...so since we filled one box there, we sold two boxes of books! Yay! We made $26.80.


Emma wanted to keep our table...and I didn't mind, because I wanted to shop. She did all the calculating in her head...I took a calculator, but she didn't want to use it.


When we got home they got out the Model Magic stuff and played with it some, and Emma made this statue for Froggy's front yard...

she says the smile reminds her of Aunt Bea...

You may have to click on it to see it close enough to tell. ; )

3 comments:

Dawn said...

That does look like Aunt Bea! I was going to bring one box of books to our homeschool conference to sell, but it didn't fit in the car with all the stuff we needed to bring for the workshops. That makes two years in a row now I haven't sold that box. The moral for me is - don't buy anything!

Paige said...

Not buying anything seems impossible to me! lol I went with absolutely NOTHING in mind to shop for...only thinking of getting rid of some stuff.

And yet...

; )

Show Us The World said...

I would not be able to walk out without buying anything either. I love the idea of getting rid of some at the same time as adding to my collection. =)

Krystal