Wednesday, May 6, 2009

5-5-09

We were kidnapped again yesterday....this time I had planned on a quick trip to a greenhouse....but since we were so close I thought I'd run by my dad's grave for a minute, because I don't get up that way often.When we left the cemetery, Daddy turned left, instead of right. I'd only been to the left once in my life, and vaguely remembered greenhouses in that direction. They were in poor repair and rather disreputable-looking now....but we pressed on, turning right at the end of that road, then I don't know how many more times we turned and turned.....until we finally had no idea which county, or even which state, we were in at times. We helped a few turtles off the road....this one's a snapper, and he was SO agressive...he came after our toes and Daddy laughed at us, because we squealed and scattered. lol
There were several barns with these painted quilts...Appalachian Quilt Trail ...they're so pretty.
(I don't believe this is a barn...it was in the middle of a little town we went through.)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I'm going to have to visit Tennessee one day!