Friday, May 29, 2009

Quick Recap...Before I Forget...

I already have no idea what's been going on this week! I forget SO quickly!

Monday Emma was a not-feel-good-bear, but Tuesday she felt better and went to a cousin's school band concert.

Anna got sick Thursday morning, and had a dreadful fever with headache and sore throat all day, and Friday morning got up with stomach pains so bad she was doubled over in the floor. We took her to the ER, and the doctor said it was probably just a virus, which I had suspected anyway.....but I can't take a chance with my baby, so off to the ER we went. She was fine after the meds (the names of which I've forgotten) and ate, which she hadn't felt like doing yesterday, and walked about 2 miles when she went to my mom's tonight. She fell asleep early tonight, so hopefully she'll wake up feeling better tomorrow.

Thursday Daddy and I went to the food pantry to help unload food first thing in the morning, then when we were finished there we went and picked a gallon of cherries. I just got around to pitting them this evening, and we had cherry dumplings for supper...SO delicious! I had enough for another day, too, so I put those in the freezer for later. I LOVE spring and fresh fruit!

My garden is BEAUTIFUL...I need to get some pics of it. The tomatoes are almost knee-high now, and starting to bloom...except one poor fellow who is being eaten for some reason. Still, one plant out of 16...I can let the bugs have one, I guess. lol I remembered today I had meant to get some peppers so I can make hot sauce again, I don't suppose it's too late, so I might try looking for some pepper plants to put out, and I forgot okra, too, so I might also possibly try to get some of that going...I don't know about seeds so late, though....que sera sera, I guess. ; )

Tomorrow I'm going to go to a used book sale or two...depending on what time I get going in the morning. I had books I was going to take to try to sale, but they were supposed to be dropped off by 1 today, and we didn't get out of the ER until 1:30. Que sera sera there, too, I suppose. ; )

We took 12 boxes...cases, really...of books to the library for their annual sale. I am SO glad to have those boxes out of my living room floor and off my porch and out of my van! I did pretty well, I thought...I only found two books to bring in the last time I went through them. ; ) I'm just hoping we won't buy any of them back at the sale. lol

Oh, yeah...one more thing...

Rosie picked me! Rosie picked me! Rosie picked me!!! (You can't see it, but I'm doing a happy dance, which is what I do every time I think of it! Rosie picked me!) I get a really cool long black necklace, which Emma is already asking to wear. ; ) AWESOME!!!

No comments: