Friday, February 27, 2009

I Got a New Camera!

My DH did some extra work and got extra $$, and spent it on a new camera for me! I am SO blessed with a wonderful husband. : ) (I especially like him when he's generous. lol)

I took a couple pictures of Oscar (Although I wasn't sure what I was doing at first and might have done a video instead. lol) But I was SO tired after an all-day shopping trip (HOW did I ever used to shop from morning to night without tiring?) I took a nap and it was too dark when I woke up to try it outside....I may try to take a couple pics of the squirrels in a bit, though. SO, I still don't have any pictures to load ~YET~ but I bet I'll have some tomorrow! ; )

I just need to figure out how to load them.....new cameras kinda scare me. ; )

We went to the river yesterday, and wandered around a bit. Emma found some flowers to try transplant, and I helped her dig them....talk about DEEP bulbs! I am surprised they had made it above ground, I bet we dug almost a foot! I found a tiny magnolia tree, which she brought home, too, and some flowers that *if* they bloom, they have tiny white flowers. I have some of those in the backyard, and sometimes they bloom and sometimes they don't. They're pretty when they do, though. She got one other kind, too, but I wasn't sure what they were, a day lily or an iris...they were just barely above the ground. We also both got a nice case of poison ivy......she has it on her face and ears, and I have it on both wrists and my chin.

While we were digging flowers Anna was identifying tracks, picking up shells, and collecting beeved sticks. She also picked up a cool twisted piece of driftwood.

We went to my mom's after that, and they played with their favourite cousin...they went through the woods and over a fence and under a fence....their clothes were torn and they were filthy when they came in, and I suspect Emma got in a bit more poison ivy. Take away the poison ivy, and it sounds like a great time. ; )

This evening Emma planted her new plants, and they've spent the rest of the evening watching Star Trek:Next Generation. Emma is reading a book about perennials...she asked me for recommendations on books about flowers, so I picked her out a few I thought would have the info she needed....I hadn't realized I had THAT many gardening books! lol I also found two animal tracks books for Anna...she's been browsing through them off and on this evening. She's getting out the Fisher Price people now....we stopped by a thrift store yesterday and she found me a new (old, and probably *illegal*) train engine for them. I'll have to be on the lookout for the cars.


(I borrowed the picture from e-bay.)

No comments: