Saturday, September 27, 2008

These Past Few Days...

Daddy's father died Friday evening. It wasn't unexpected...he's been on hospice care for a couple weeks, but still...

Daddy's taking it better than I'd expected...he says he's glad his dad isn't suffering still. The girls are doing okay, too...Anna seems sadder than Emma, but both are doing better today than they did yesterday. Last night they were bawling...which, of course, made me cry, too. Anna asked, "Why are you crying?" And I told her because I hate to see my little girls sad. : )

Emma has been very helpful for her grandmother...today she even went to the funeral home with her to get the arrangements done. She's a million times nicer than I ever was or will be. I'm sure my BIL's and SIL think I'm awful, but I stayed home with Anna while they went. I'm using my back as an excuse to get out of things like that. ; ) Well, it *is* hurting. : P

People have been coming by and calling and bringing food...people sure are nice. I just sit quietly in a corner and watch them and listen...My husband's aunts are SO funny! I wish Emma would sit with them and listen to the stories they tell. I think she'd really enjoy it, and she'd get to know how it was (and how they were) when they were young.

Tomorrow is the funeral, then the burial Monday. I dread Monday...going in procession to the graveyard. I HATE HATE HATE funeral processions. Any time I feel trapped in a vehicle I fall to pieces...and funeral processions are almost the worst. Traffic jams are the worst. Makes me all willy just thinking about it. So I won't. I'll go back to my Smithsonian magazine and read about Stonehenge. Maybe the bluestones would heal me, too. : P

No comments: