Monday, September 22, 2008

Leaving Home...

We're leaving in the morning for our "vacation". It's just a quick day-trip, but the girls are really looking forward to it. I guess I am,too. I'm thinking of things I wish we'd done differently last year (we are going to the same amusement park we've been to for the last two years), and planning on changing some things around.

We dropped Oscar off at the vet's today. Since we were leaving anyway, and we'd have to have him boarded, I thought it would be better to go ahead and have him neutered and that way he won't have to be away from us twice. We thought we'd be able to pick him up Wednesday, though, and they said Thursday, which was a shock. We miss him SO MUCH!!! It's amazing how much he's gotten to be a part of the family in less than a year.

Yesterday we went on a picnic, and fishing. And we took Oscar with us, to kinda make up for what he's going to be doing tomorrow while we're out enjoying ourselves. ; ) We picnic-ed at an old graveyard with wonderful views and a delightful breeze, and the girls and I built fairy houses just-in-case some fairies live there. It was a wonderful place for them.

Today we stopped at another graveyard and while Daddy was looking around (he's got this thing for graveyards all of a sudden) we made some more fairy houses. At least Anna and I did. Emma sat in the van with a book. Anyway, I made one, and went to start on another one, and Anna came to work with me. We were building next to a burnt-out stump, and I had just got the roof on, and was starting to pile leaves next to the walls for insulation, when a little lllooooonnnnggg green neck appeared next to me! A tiny green snake had slipped out from under the stump to see who was knocking on his door! I wasn't sure if I could move...I certainly couldn't move quickly, because of my back, but I managed to move quicker than I thought possible! lol I got about ten feet away (and Anna ran with me, even though she didn't know what she was running from lol) then started squealing. Daddy thought I was silly...but it just *appeared* there next to me. I'm not at all sure that fairies will want to live next to a snake...even a nice little green one. I suppose I made a *snake house*, instead of a fairy house, this time. lol

No comments: