Monday, September 29, 2008

The End of the Weekend,and the Beginning of the Week

Last night was FIL's funeral. It was nice, as funerals go, I suppose. My girls could have acted better, though. : (

I made sure to tell them exactly how to act at the graveyard today...just in case they acted odd last night because I hadn't reminded them how to act at a funeral. lol I told them don't sit around in trees...so they just swung from the branches. : P I told them not to pick up flowers from graves and move them to other graves...so they just adjusted them on the graves they were on. ; )

I was official videographer...so Daddy dropped me and Emma off at the graveyard before he went back to the funeral home to come in the procession. We were there for about half-an-hour before they got back...maybe 45 minutes. Emma was horrified to find I hadn't brought a deck of cards with me...so we passed the time playing 20 questions. lol I had hoped I'd done well on the video, but Daddy says the wind drowns out most of the talking...I didn't even realize the wind was blowing! He says, "The camera knows." lol

He's a bit more depressed now. He's eating to dull the pain...*not* good...

The service was beautiful, though. 21 gun salute and everything. It was simply breathtaking. I was behind the camera, making sure I filmed everything, so I didn't cry. FIL would have loved it. : )

Here's one from youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1H3eKMgvjY

No comments: