Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This Week so Far...

I think up the most inane titles for blog posts, don't I? Something in me just doesn't want to think when I'm writing titles. lol

We've just been at home most of the weekend.

Saturday was my cousin's wedding...we went to that, then the reception, then helped clean up some after the reception.

Sunday we just stayed home and rested...Mom and one of Daddy's friends dropped by and talked for a while.

Yesterday (Monday) The girls watched Hairspray most of the morning, then Emma went to visit Daddy's mother, and Anna went with us to get water. While they were filling the water jugs I went up the hill a ways to pick apples...then I heard them calling for Oscar, who I'd left with them. He had chewed his leash in two, and snuck off quietly. They were yelling and yelling, and Anna was crying, so I went out to the top of the hill and called *once* and he came running back. *He loves me!* lol Actually, he was probably looking for me anyway.

Emma helped her grandmother clean, and came back with lots and lots of "gifts". Daddy said it looked like his mom had unloaded a bunch of junk on Emma. lol Emma loved it, though, and it wasn't *all* junk...there was a ring ("real gold and jewels!") and a pretty watch and bracelet set.

This morning when I got up, I went outside to check one of the freezers to see if there were any pizzas in it...Anna wanted pizza last night, and there wasn't any in the house...anyway, I went to check, and the freezer was unplugged! There was still a bit of ice, so I salvaged what I thought was edible, but I had to throw out about 6 hamburger patties, and some chicken tenders. (Thankfully, there wasn't a lot of meat in there.) Mostly what had been in there was the jam and berries I've been putting up all summer. GAH!! lol I went ahead and put them in the house freezer...I hope I don't end up killing someone. Daddy's trying to eat some steaks that were thawed in there...they don't exactly smell right, but hopefully he won't die from them. ; )

No comments: