Friday, August 8, 2008

Bike Wreck...no Riding for a While...

Last night we went out for our bike ride, and Anna kept getting closer and closer to me, just as I said "Don't get so close we'll wreck" our front tires met and while she didn't wreck (only got scraped by my pedal a little on her knee) I went right over the handlebars.

The only thought I had was to protect my head, so both arms went out...and I landed square on my right elbow. It's not as bad as I had thought at first, because it's not broken...so very easily could have been broken...only scraped, so I am pretty blessed. It's sore this morning, and my back is letting me know it doesn't appreciate being tossed around like that.

HOWEVER, we just went over to the *far* library to pick up a book I'd ordered, so I have a good book I can sit and read to the girls while I'm recuperating.

(Which brings me to another thought...yesterday Daddy had a doctor appointment, and the girls and I waited in the car for him. We were all reading...we had just picked up the new book, and I bought several library discards while I was there, plus the girls had brought book with them, too, from home...so we were all reading, and I was reading out loud, and a woman came up, stuck her head in the car (door was open) and said, "I just LOVE to see kids reading! I'm a teacher, so I just LOVE to see kids reading!" Daddy said I should have said, "We homeschool." lol I just smiled, though...

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Ouch! Glad you weren't more injured.

You definitely should have said you were home schoolers if not UNschoolers!