Saturday, July 5, 2008

Cookouts, Reunions, and Fireworks

Yesterday was my family's annual cookout...today is the reunion.

The cookout is for my mom's brothers and sisters and their families, the reunion is for all the relatives.

So, I get to see lots of aunts and uncles and cousins, and my kids get to try to figure out who everyone is.

Last night Emma asked me if were related to *everyone* there...we were, except for one cousin's boyfriend...who should be in the family in December. ; )

Today I need to be getting things ready for the reunion...but I'm putting it off. Staying online longer than I need to. Shame on me. ; )

We got to see some fireworks last night, although not many. Our town's fireworks were cancelled, but a couple of our neighbours had some....most of which we missed, being not home. ; ) We did get to see a some, though, which was nice.

When we got home from mom's we all went for a bike ride. It started raining when we were still 1/4 mile from home...fun, fun, fun! lol

I've finally bought everything for Anna's birthday party, which is coming up in two weeks. I had the hardest time finding the things for the tops of the cupcakes, but eventually did.

She's having a princess party, and I had to search all over for little princess-ey edible cake decorations. I found them, though, so now I just have to buy hot dog buns and chips closer to the big day, and we're all set.

I got her present, too...but I'm not telling, just in case she reads my blog. lol

No comments: