Sunday, May 18, 2008

What We's Been Up To...

Friday night we went to DH's nephew's (mine too, I suppose, but I don't really think of him that way) birthday party. He's 2. He's cute as a button...looks just like DH. We think the stork got mixed up on that one. ; )

The girls took their bikes and rode in the parking lot some, then played on the playground and with a little dog which wandered by. Then DH got out his metal detector and sprinkled a few pennies around, and let his other nephew (the birthday boy's older brother) find them. He really thought he had something! : ) Cheap way to entertain kids. ; )

Saturday we all went to the place where I grew up and metal detected in the front yard, at least until the girls and I got bored and rode bikes. (Gosh, my rear isn't used to THAT!!) Daddy ended up finding a silver ring, though, so he was happy.

Today was my baby brother's 16th birthday, and we went to church so we could give him his present. I didn't think I'd get a chance to see him otherwise, because he always spends Sunday running around and is hard to pin down. He's awfully cute, though, at 16. ; )

We've been (well, the girls and Daddy have been) riding about a mile every day on the bikes. Oscar and I walk/run along with them...and try not to get run over. I'm hoping I'll lose weight doing it, but nothing has happened yet. ; )

2 comments:

Laura/CenterDownHome said...

Hi Paige -- I've got to get back to walking our dog in the mornings. :)
I felt better and he misses the routine. Our walk through the woods is just so buggy, though. I read where you said you got 5 ticks off of your dig -- I have had it with ticks! Anyway. I think I'll douse myself with Deep Woods Off and take him for his walk this morning. Thanks for inspirational nudge!

Paige said...

The ticks are AWFUL this year! Worse I've seen them in ages. Daddy got three off himself yesterday...I'll have to dig out the repellent...we've only used it for mosquitoes the last few years.