Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Loss of a Tadpole, and a Used Curriculum Sale

We lost the first of our tadpoles Monday night. The girls found it quietly expired in the tank. : ( It was SO tiny, no bigger than a dime, but it had all it's legs, and it's tail was shrinking. We guessed that it may have started developing lungs and didn't know how to get out of the water. There is another one with legs which has climbed up out of the water, and it's still alive.

Last night was the local used curriculum sale. My picture didn't turn out very good, but we got books and craft kits and posters and toys and art supplies...all kinds of good stuff.

I ended up spending $7 more than I'd planned. Daddy said he'd *really* like to have a game, then he went outside. The game was $10, and I didn't want to spend that on it, but after awhile, the lady called "Everything half-off!", so I ran over and bought it for $5. When I got out to the van Daddy claimed he'd said, "If *you* think it's something the girls would like you should buy it." Yeah, right. So I spent $5 I probably wouldn't have otherwise there, then Anna REALLY wanted that Aztec book on the far right side of the picture and it was $2, so there went the $7 I hadn't planned on spending. At least that 's my story. ; ) It couldn't have been anything *I* wanted. lol

The game actually looks like it will be fun to play, and has wonderful pieces, which I always love, even if the game stinks. lol

The girls found lots of books...I didn't realize how many until we got home! I was so proud of myself for taking two boxes of books for the free table, until I came home with...4 boxes. Well...in my defense, *I* was the only one picking things out to get rid of, while there were 4 of us picking up new things. ; )

2 comments:

Dawn said...

When we raised our tadpoles last year, we had a rock in the bucket for them to crawl out onto. Our "lost" guy was because he jumped from the rock without us realizing.

Paige said...

We put in a rock...then yesterday we lost another.

We don't know if he crawled out completely, or if he's just hiding under the rock or something.

Daddy thinks Luc may have eaten it. lol Luc *did* look guilty.