Friday, January 25, 2008

Oscar

This is the third full moon we've had Oscar. It's amazing how much more logical it seems to count by the full moons when I'm out with them so much now. lol

I made beans today and gave him a "used-up soup bone" from them, and he's thoroughly enjoying it...he's enjoying it so much he didn't even want to go on our long walk tonight. : )
When we got to our usual turning place he turned himself around and started running for home, and went straight back to his bone. : ) AND, he didn't stop at every sign post and mailbox. lol

One of the side benefits of having a dog...I've read about it, but never knew it would make SUCH a difference...I'm losing weight! I had noticed my sweat pants were looser...I've had to tug on them to keep them from falling off more than once...lol...but yesterday Daddy commented on it, so I know it's not just in my head. lol I will never know numbers for how much I've lost, because I can't use our scale. It's digital and has a decided disliking for me...it shuts down whenever I'm near it. lol

But, regardless, I'm losing weight and have a new outfit to wear to celebrate! : )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news... : )

The girls are gone to their first "real" sleepover (as Emma said) tonight. They're spending the night with Rachel at Mom's. Kiera and Kady are there, too, but I'm not sure if (or how) they're figuring into the sleepover plan.

We went to the library today, and I picked up a book I'd ordered...Loblolly, by Frank B. Gilbreth. It was mentioned on one of the unschooling groups, and that reminded me that once upon a time I had wanted to order all the books our library system had by the Gilbreths...back in the "old days" when ordering books required filling out a form and turning it in to the librarians; now I can just go to the library website and order them online all by myself (yea!). Not to mention renewing books...I LOVE the internet! : )

No comments: