Sunday, January 20, 2008

Last Night, and Today...

Emma is in front of the heater with her feet against it, and Oscar is sprawled across her knees...with his back end up higher than his head...all scrunched up...cute!



Emma got sick last night. So I was up at three o'clock mopping the floor and washing laundry. But I was repaid....she said, "Thank you for being so nice to me, mommy."


She and Daddy stayed home from church this morning.

Anna and I went because I promised to help the Sunday School secretary with her work while her family is sick. Otherwise I wouldn't have gone. ; )


The electricity went off this morning about 9 and didn't come back on until 3. We nearly froze our butts off before it came back on, because Daddy didn't get the kerosene heater going and it's **freezing** outside...below 20. :(

Everything's back on now, and it's nice and warm...speaking of the heater, let me tell on myself...lol...


Last night I was sitting in front of the heater looking through magazines (Emma had asked me to go through them and get the comics out before we threw the magazines away), and I had the lamp lid off...what's a lamp lid....I know there's a word for it.....shade. I had the lamp shade off so I could see better (I *really* need new contacts) and it got colder and colder in the house. My hands were to the point of getting too cold to turn pages when I realized the room temperature gage was about 2 inches from the light bulb! I moved it and it dropped down to 54* REALLY quickly. lol


Emma is feeling a bit better this morning. She's still a little unhappy tummied, but better. I stopped by the store and got her some sprite on the way home, I thought that might help some. I wonder if her tummy wasn't upset because she had pink frosting at the party we went to yesterday. She used to be really allergic to red food coloring, then seemed to outgrow it and has eaten *some* since then, but then got sick last night...it's hard to tell. I've always been allergic to it...the last time I had pink frosting was when Mom was pregnant with Justus ~ at her baby shower...almost 16 years ago! I got sick before we even got home and was sick for days...I haven't had any since...just not worth it.



No comments: