Thursday, January 31, 2008

NO School Today!

Well, maybe I should explain. ; )

This morning Oscar needed to go out at 7:25. The school bus had just passed our house and was stopping about 1/2 a mile down the road.

It was amazing to think that, had our girls been going to school they would have already been up for an hour or so, and I wouldn't see them again until 4:30 this evening. Wouldn't that be dreadful?

Instead, they're tucked in their nice warm beds (actually, I think they're both in Emma's bed), and when they wake up they'll probably spend the day watching dvd's on their new computer in their room.

Yes, they have their own computer now! It doesn't have enough memory or something to run all the computer games, so they'll still have to use our computers for those, but it will run some of their games, and they can watch DVD's on it, so that'll be nice for them. Daddy said he'd copy some of the DVD's we own so they'll have their own to watch and he won't have to worry about them scratching his. lol

Daddy was really nice about getting it all set up for them yesterday, and he also fixed the dresser (YES! no more bottoms dropping out of drawers!) while he was in there. Last night after I had read a couple chapters to the girls they ~said~ they were tired and ready for bed, but then stayed up with him watching cartoons on their new computer.

Right now Oscar and I are the only ones up. He's not even entirely up...he's napping in front of the heater, getting up only to chase the occasional cat. lol I may even go back to bed myself. ; )

1 comment:

Dawn said...

After a homeschool field trip we were having lunch with our friends. I had mentioned I had to wake up the boys rather than let them sleep in like usual. I woke them up at 8:45. We left for the field trip at 9:15.

Our friend said his mom woke him at 7:30 so he could finish all his "school work" before the field trip.

I'm so glad we unschool!!