Saturday, April 11, 2009

Part of the Week in Review...

Thursday we had supper at my mom's, and this little cutie brought her Easter bonnet to show us. (Actually, I heard conflicting accounts about the ownership of the bonnet, but it was cute nonetheless.) Today I went with Daddy while he dug bottles. It was too cold and windy for me, so I spent most of my time sitting in the van, snacking and reading. To break up the monotony I got out three times and jogged down the trail we were near and back. I found these beauties at the end of the trail. I also twisted my ankle a little bit, not enough to hurt it, but it made my knee twist, and it *is* hurting.
I haven't looked these up yet.....I have no idea what they are, but they're lovely!
This is what we found yesterday.
I *really* wanted to go out mushroom hunting, but Daddy was wanting to hunt bottles. We decided to go and do a quick glance-around for mushrooms, but once we started hunting stayed about an hour. We had found mostly small ones...although Emma found a big one, the second one from the left in the top row...when we came out into a field and Anna suddenly dropped to her knees with a yell! She had been SO sad because she hadn't found a single one, then she was the first to spot a patch of 28! And 28 BIG ones. ; ) She was extremely happy for the rest of the day.
Today they went to an Easter Egg Hunt with my mom and their cousins, and now they're spending the night with her. I miss them so much when they're not here!



No comments: