Saturday, April 18, 2009

Musings for Today...

First, I'm contemplating measles and weasels. WHY aren't they spelled the same? ; )

We started off the day with the Farmer's Market. Woo-Hoo! It was GREAT...fewer early veges than I expected, but I bought a loaf of bread, a pack of fig bars and a 4-pack of sage plants for my herb garden. I was tempted by a carton of free-range eggs, but Daddy suggested we finish up the eggs we have in the 'fridge before we buy more. (It shouldn't be too difficult...Anna had 4 for breakfast yesterday morning. lol)

We came back home to get the girls (and I got Oscar, too) and went off to a rummage sale......VERY disappointing....after the way they'd advertised it, I thought it would be a BIG one...but not a lot of stuff, no good books, and mostly clothing, which we don't need. Anna found two dolls, though...a Cinderella Barbie and a small doll...someone Barbie babysits for, I think? lol. Anyway, after that, I thought we'd run to the grocery store to get cat food, then go home, so I could do some yard/garden work. But, NO......

I was kidnapped again. I swear...I'm going to start driving when we go out! lol I had read in the paper about a planned Earth Day clean-up, and Daddy wanted to see where it was (scouting for potential bottle dumps is what it was), so he went off looking for it, then he decided instead of going back to our town to the grocery store, he'd go to the town *in the opposite direction* to see if they had a better deal. (Now, do I know how much I usually spend on cat food? No, I do not. So who would know if it was a better deal? Not me...and certainly not him. Anyway...)

When we got to the grocery store, he had thought of another place he wanted to go, the junkyard ~over the mountain~ to see if they might have a van like ours, so he can buy a part or two. So we headed over the mountain. (Not too bad at this point......it's a good road, and lovely views.) When we got there the junkyard was closed. Now the oddness starts. He continues on up the road. It circles around and comes out near the school. So he takes the next road to the left. After about 5 miles he takes a different road, then another road, then another. Finally we end up on a dirt road, heading up the mountain. (Honestly...if he wants to cross the mountain wasn't the road we came in on good enough? Apparently not.) We started down the other side of the mountain, and there was NOTHING between me and the bottom of the mountain. Narrow dirt road, curvy as it could possibly be, and I'm looking down 1500 feet. Then the brakes start getting hot. When we got to the bottom (thankfully, we didn't pass another vehicle until we were at the bottom) he was all thrilled with his find...a new road explored! Yay!....and got kinda miffed because I wasn't as excited as he was. I told him the next time I felt like climbing a mountain I'd do it with both feet on the ground.

We did get to see an airplane up close, though, which was cool.

When we came out...we had circled around and come out at the school again. : P We eventually stopped by the grocery store (and I didn't want to buy cat food there, so I didn't, but when we went to get it later it *was* cheaper there. lol), and I bought sandwich stuff and chips, because Anna had left the house without eating, and by the time he got through dragging us over mountains starvation was imminent. Poor little thing.

I've decided that no matter how short a trip I expect, to take a full meal's worth of food with me. I did have some snacks, but nothing that appealed to Anna, except an apple, and she said it hurt her tummy. : ( I wish I could think of some good foods I could leave in the van, or at least leave packed for trips.

Poor Oscar was tired, too, after that trip....no running like he's the coyote after the roadrunner when we got home, just collapsed on the couch (with me lol), and he's not moved a lot since. ; ) He just wiggles and wiggles when we take him places...he wants to sit on my knee, with his nose pressed right against the window, which, of course, is a hard position to hold. So he slides around (especially the way Daddy drives) and he digs his claws in for a better hold and re-adjusts, then five-seconds later does it all again. And he only wants to sit with his Momma, too. No one will do except Momma. lol I like having him with us, but that's rather hard to put up with.

I've mentioned everyone except Emma. She didn't kidnap me, or get sick on the trip, or wriggle (at least not that I noticed). She talked, lots. She talked about how she'd like to have a house all her own to decorate just how she wanted, and how she'd like to find used things and fix them up and re-use and re-propose them. She talked about what she'd eaten, and what she would like to eat. She talked about how it wasn't fair Daddy didn't let her pick the mushrooms she found in the state park we were in. She asked me to look up online and see if it was really illegal to take plants from a state park. She talked about horses, and cows, and houses and history, and whatever else came into her mind. ; )

When we got home Oscar and I napped, Daddy watched the episodes of LOST he's missed and the squirrels played outside. When I woke up they had been...I'm hesitant to say fighting; neither mentioned a specific *fight*...anyway, Anna had been breaking the heads off Emma's Barbies, so Emma was throwing Anna's Barbie into the neighbour's yard. When I came outside, though, they were picking their dolls up and Anna was very unhappy because Emma's doll was broken and Emma went into the neighbour's yard to get Anna's doll.....I don't understand it, it didn't seem like a fight by the time I got out there, but obviously something had happened...but they seemed to take care of it by themselves. Anna was tired and unhappy, so she went to bed for a little while (I think she may be a little bit sick), and Emma read and listened to her new cd she won at an egg hunt.

Daddy and I went to *finally* buy the cat food, and when we got home I fixed supper. After a bit of food and a movie everyone was in good spirits for Oscar's walk tonight.......and this missive has gone on for such a long time, I'm going to end it now. ; )

(Nothing minute about THIS post! lol)

No comments: