Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Awesomeness of my Kids ; )

My kids have gone from one fascinating thing to another this weekend. (Possibly the week, too, but my memory is too bad to remember that far. lol)

Yesterday we went to my mom's for a little bit, and I helped mom cut up potatoes for planting. While we were working I could hear Emma singing to the little people in the back yard. : ) When I looked around the house she was swinging in the porch swing with them, and singing. She's such a sweetheart. : )

We brought the electric keyboard back home with us...technically it belongs to Mom, but we keep it so much it seems like ours, and we had let them *borrow* it back. ; ) Anyway, we brought it home, and last night Emma started picking out a song. I took a bath and I could hear them working through the first song, then going on to another. When Anna got into the tub later she told me about them working out the songs and said, "Emma said she needed me to help her!" She was so pleased with Emma saying she needed help it was sweet. : )

Today we went to a church meeting and they sang...a cappella and just the two of them....something I would NEVER have done as a child...or probably ever will do! : )

We decided to go out in the woods afterwards, and it was one discovery after another! Such fascinating things.....

Wild turkey eggs... and the poor little turkey which was left in one. We wondered if it just didn't hatch, or if a raccoon got in the nest and ate the rest. We buried it before we left. :,(
The girls wanted to bring the egg shells home for our nature shelf....I soaked them in bleach water; I'm not sure how icky they were, but they certainly seemed icky. I hope it's not illegal to have them....I know some bird parts are illegal to keep. Not sure about turkeys...might try looking that up online.
It's hard to see, but Anna found a tiny baby deer print.
And a Jack-in-the-Pulpit.
And Emma found a BIG spider! lol It was over her head in the old house we stuck our noses into.

Emma also found a BIG mushroom.

Hey...what's Jack doing down here?
Emma thought this plant was interesting, the little bug holes making a nice pattern on it.
She and I walked down a path, following the stream for a ways. It was Amazingly beautiful down there, with several waterfalls.











No comments: