Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jam!

I thought it was so cool....wake up in the morning with not even a thought of jam, and end the day with this! : )

Hubby was going out to work, but decided to come home and take me berry picking. We ended up picking only enough cherries for a mouthful, but I got enough black raspberries for a batch of jam and a cobbler later, and blueberries for THREE batches of jam and a cobbler later! I was SO happy with it. : )

I also came across a baby deer, hiding in the weeds! If I'd had my camera with me I would have snapped a picture, but I didn't, so I would have had to go get it, then come back, and I didn't want to bother it. I was startled, then looked close to see if it was breathing, and then went on quietly. I figured it's momma was hiding, watching me, and I didn't want to worry her any more than I had already. It was so sweet, though.

1 comment:

foundthings said...

wow that looks so delish!! ok now i'm wanting cherry pie!