Sunday, June 28, 2009

6-27-09

Daddy has a new toy. He found this little jewel at the goodwill thrift store for $20! And this is his first creation. I am amazed he can make something so cute on his first try!
We went to pick blueberries yesterday....three buckets full!....and it went nicely until I got stung on the finger. I don't know what got me, but I started swelling immediately, then my throat started constricting (which was a new one for me), and I got scared and barely got to pick any more berries (which, of course, means I was still picking and ignoring my throat...brilliant, I know...)
We were going to try to get some more raspberries (I picked just a few, and we were going to see if we could find some more.) When we came across this little fellow.

Daddy walked right past him, then came back *Quickly*, but the poor little thing was in his own private misery and didn't notice us at all. We suspected rabies, and called to see what could be done, but were told to call back Monday, because everything is closed for the weekend. Oh, the joys of rural life! lol (Speaking of the joys of rural life...we also found the bones of the little baby deer I came across last time we were berrying....something got it. Which was sad, but still, that's life in the wild....)
We've been staying busy...seems like every day has somewhere we need to go, or something we need to do. Summers are *really* busy around here. : ) Seems like there's somewhere to go and something to do every single day! BUT, still I know June is nothing compared to how July will be! It starts off with a bang with a cookout and family reunion on the third and fourth, then gathers momentum from there, and we won't slow down until after Anna's birthday party on the 17th!
(Hopefully I'll have time to blog, though.) ; )


No comments: