Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm BACK!

And I hadn't even realized I'd been away so long! Life happened...it DOES that, y'know?

While I was away doing my substitute-teaching bit (last post) Anna came down with strep throat, so I was off the computer for a few days with her, then, just as she got better, I came down with the MOST dreadful EVER sinus infection. (I think there was a bit of walking pneumonia tossed in there just-for-fun, too.) It seems like any time I get the least little bit of a cold now it wants to go up and crawl into my sinus' and fester there. BLEAH!

Daddy had the van tore apart, and so we were riding around with wet nastiness from the road blowing in on us, we went to the food pantry and spend about 6 hours cleaning and organizing, and I was apparently run-down to begin with. I got sick, then I got sicker, then I felt a little better and went to visit my mom, then I was sick and sicker again, then Daddy made me go to the doctor...first visit in 9 years!...and the doctor gave me antibiotics, and now I'm all better, except for a little phlegm I won't disgust you with. lol

We've been staying close to home....I've hardly left the house since my doctor visit, because the trip made me SO sick I've had a hard time facing the van again. But yesterday I needed a laundry bag and initiated a trip...so I knew I was better! lol

It's been SO beautiful here lately. Warm, in the 70's, and lovely bright sunshine. I spent most of my recuperation time on the porch with Oscar, reading magazines. My magazine rack is starting to look like a half-plucked chicken. lol

My kids have discovered the thrills of....digging through trash piles. ; ) We live in my DH's grandmother's house, and way-back-when they simply threw their trash into the back yard and buried it. Emma found a quarter last night, and a lovely juice glass, and Anna found a little bowl that matched the glass, and they've found bottles galore, including an ink bottle, full of ink! Anna found that one...she's thrilled beyond words with it. ; ) Daddy and Anna were outside...I am not joking, and I wish I was...until 3:00 last night! I shudder to think of the hole they've got back there! lol I went to bed at 1, and went outside and asked Anna if she didn't want to come in, and I'd tuck her up, but she wanted to dig (she and Daddy HATE for the other to be digging without them! FOMS. lol) I pocketed the marble they had found (I collect them) and came in, and went on to bed. This morning Daddy was in bed with me, and Anna was crashed on a chair in the living room, so I asked Daddy what time they got in, and 3:00!!! When Anna woke up I helped her get into bed, thinking she would sleep longer, but she was awake and started reading instead.

Saturday we celebrated Spring by spending the day in the woods. Daddy discovered an old house-site, and Anna dug up two quartz crystals. Emma found more Indian artifacts, and I napped on a blanket in the sun. lol

Sunday Anna and I spent the day sitting with Daddy while he dug for "treasure" with his metal detector, and Oscar dug up an Indian arrow point.....a bird point, I believe. I told Daddy archaeological digs must be catching. lol I framed it for him...his first "find"! ; ) Emma spent the day with Daddy's mother, and they have plans for spring-cleaning next weekend.

Today is rainy, but a nice warm rain, so I don't mind. We're working on a "nature-museum" shelf in the living room, and I need to go fish out some things for it. (Daddy put some new shelves up yesterday, and I thought it was time we used one for all the *nature* stuff we collect. Anna has her deer skulls on the top shelf, and it adds a very macabre element to our living room. lol

No comments: