Monday, March 30, 2009

Anniversary Date

My hubby and I went out today to celebrate our anniversary (which is tomorrow). We can't go to celebrate tomorrow, because I have a doctor's appointment....my first not-pregnancy-related checkup since I was about 6 or 7. Seriously, I DO NOT like going to the doctor! lol

We went out to eat first, then to the bank and the library....everything normal, routine....but, at the library I picked up our local newspaper and read some, and something piqued my interest. (Piqued, NOT PEAKED, mind you, like the author of the newspaper article I was reading had it written) It was an article which mentioned a flood from 32years ago, and it had a picture. I've looked everywhere I could think of for a picture of it...no one seems to have any. Anyway, I thought maybe the newspaper office might have some pictures of it which I could look at. So, Daddy and I walked down to the newspaper office and asked. They were very gracious, but didn't own the picture, it was a photo of a photo the TVA has in a file. So it's inaccessible, and the picture in the paper was a photo of a photo of a photo, and you can't really make out any details in it. I had a great-uncle in the area it was taken...in the original you might be able to make out his house. I'd love to be able to see if you can! Anyway, Daddy got in a completely unrelated conversation with the reporter we were talking to...that was fun...and it was something unusual and different for us. (I'm talking about this the same way I'd tell our squirrels about our day...they didn't go with us, and they're not home yet, and I'm missing them, apparently. lol)

Anyway, we bought a paper from them, then went over to do some shopping we needed to do....all the pet food ran out at the same time for once!...and Daddy started taking side-roads. He'd say, "I wonder what's up this way?" and off we'd go. We discovered a rock quarry...HUGE and SO cool, and I saw a beaver...my first live, in-the-wild spotting of a beaver!, and dreadfully, a lawnmower on fire! The lawnmower owner (I hope...it would be even worse to burn up a borrowed lawnmower!...) was spraying it with a small fire-extinguisher, but it quickly grew too big, so he pushed it into the sidewalk and went inside the house...I hoped he was gone to call the fire department, but he might have just gone to let it finish burning.

Such odd and *different* occurrences today.....and I didn't have my camera with me! I told Daddy I've learned my lesson...from now on I will take my camera EVERYWHERE! lol

No comments: