Tuesday, March 10, 2009

3-10-09

I did a bit of substitute teaching today...an odd experience, I must say! lol I spent my downtime reading Growing Without Schooling....and wondering why people choose school. ; ) The language lesson was adding adjectives and adverbs to make writing more interesting...I couldn't resist telling them eventually they will be told to take out extra adjectives and adverbs to make their writing more concise. : P

I was called about teaching last night about 9:30, Anna started saying her throat hurt about 10:00, and by eleven-thirty she was sick enough I wished I could call and tell them I couldn't make it, but by then it was too late to call anyone, and I had to be there at 8:20 this morning, so no time to call then, either. DH cancelled his plans, though, and stayed home with Anna, then took her to the doctor when I thought it might be strep throat. (It is.)

It is SUCH a lovely day...it was a shame to spend it inside a school! ; ) When I got home I went outside and planted spinach and radishes. BEAUTIFUL, beautiful day!

AND...I saw cedar waxwings!!! I've ALWAYS wanted to see some...they're such lovely birds, one of the prettiest, I think....but I've never seen any around here. On the way home from school there were three or four in a bush beside the road! It really was worth it, going to school, just to see that!

No comments: