Saturday, January 3, 2009

Vision Boards

We decided to make vision boards for 2009 New Year's night.

Mine has my current motto...Enjoy the Journey...on one side (along with some lovely, ethereal butterflies) to remind me to enjoy being in the *now* instead of always thinking of what I need to do later. On the backside I have a few thoughts about things I'd like for the upcoming year. A well-producing garden (and by virtue of it, eating healthier foods), pictures representing the four seasons...reminders to enjoy each season, instead of dreading certain aspects of each, the cold of winter comes to mind...,
the chickens and guineas I'd like to have, music, home-cooked foods, lupines (I've always wanted to grow some lupines...so far it hasn't worked...maybe this year...), and the two swans making a heart, representing love, and one far-reaching wish for a white, two-story farmhouse, complete with farm. Oh, and the dachshund. He's my baby. ; )

I looked online for pictures of vision boards, and really liked this one. Sometime when I have more board (this piece was what was left over when the girls made theirs, lol) I may make one like hers. I like the way she has the different areas marked off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your creativity on your vision board. I believe they work and personally turned mine into a vision movie and borrowed my New Year's Affirmation of "I have 1 Million Happy Customers" from above.