Monday, January 19, 2009

COLD Week & Weekend!

It was SO cold at the end of last week! When it got up in the 30's Sunday it felt like a heatwave! lol

Saturday night Anna decided she wanted to spend the night with my Mom. Emma didn't want to stay, so we left Anna there alone. I really shouldn't have...she doesn't really like to stay even when Emma does...by herself I should have known..... Anyway, the rest of us went out for ice cream (Emma's treat), and after we got home we went out to walk the dog, and it was starting to rain/snow just a bit. I didn't think anything of it, expecting just a sprinkle of snow...it was too cold to rain, after all.

About half an hour after we got back from walking the dog, Daddy decided to run up to his mom's. He went out on the porch and promptly fell. Everything was covered with a sheet of ice. (His mom lives next door, so he walked to her house....or slid....)

Anyway, about ten minutes after he left, Anna called....it's about 11:30 at night....and said she was watching The Andy Griffith Show, and everyone else was in bed, and she wished she could come home. I told her that on any other night I would jump in the van and come get her, but everything was covered in ice, and I didn't think we could make it. She said goodnight and she'd be okay, and hung up.

About 2:30 the phone rang again. She was crying that time, and she couldn't sleep.....so I took the phone to Daddy, and he said, "I'll be there in a few minutes" lol Soft-hearted old thing. ; ) It's only about 3 miles to my Mom's house, but it took him half an hour to get back with her. I was just starting to get worried when they got back.

She was SO happy to be home...and went straight to bed and to sleep. : ) I don't think we'll try that...ANY of that...again. : )

No comments: