Monday, January 5, 2009

My Brain-Blip for Today

I do something embarrassing almost every day...brain blips.

Today we were out shopping (Daddy wanted a new computer monitor...there goes my chance to see "Yes Man" in the theatre) and I kept setting off the alarms in the stores (those beepey things to keep people from walking out with stuff). I've been doing it for a while now...when we went out to buy Christmas presents I was doing it, because they stopped us to check our receipt and bag(at least they were supposed to, I handed the lady the receipt I had in my purse, thinking it was for the bag I had, but actually it was for the other bag Daddy had, which only had some candy in it, so she's looking through a bag with a flash drive and looking at a receipt with a box of candy on it, and says, "It's okay.")

Anyway, I keep setting these things off, and apparently have been for almost a month. So today, after setting it off both going in and out of Wal-Mart, I decided to check my purse. I rifled through it, and didn't see anything that it might be, started to close it back up and thought of my checkbook cover. I just got a new one last month, from Wal-mart, and I just stuck my checkbook inside, didn't take off the price tag, remove the pictures of Happy People at the Beach, or take out the identification card-thingey.

The magnetic strip was stuck on the back of the identification card. Emma thought it was hilarious and wanted to keep it for her scrapbook to write a story about me. For future reference, I guess, if she needs to be reminded that sometimes I'm a little absent-minded. lol

No comments: