Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Helping?

A friend was telling a story today, about after her son had to have surgery on his head to repair a skull fracture, and when he went back to school all the other kids wanted to help him with his schoolwork, doing his homework for him, and helping on his tests.

She said, "They didn't mean to cheat. They just wanted to help him. They didn't know any better yet."

Yes....I knew - in my head - that schools discourage people from helping each other, but it had never quite hit me like it did when she said that.

I am SO glad my kids have NEVER learned that it's "wrong" to help someone!

I was watching tv with them one night, and there were various crimes....can't remember the show, but it had clips of people being robbed, or beaten, different crimes - some sort of news show thing....and my kids were SO compassionate to the victims *and* the perpetrators! Along the lines of, "What kind of life must he have had, to do that?" Such beautiful people I have living with me! What a blessing!

1 comment:

doodles n daydreams said...

You are so right, your kids are real blessings and what wonderful adults they will grow into. Keep up the great parenting.
Blessings,
Diana