Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sleep Paralysis

Sleep paralysis is an interesting phenomenon, and one I experience every-so-often. This morning, as my body struggled to meet my mind in wakefulness, I had this thought: "I'm glad my life, my dreams, are sweet enough that I can take the time to experience this without being scared." Having grown up in a very religious household, I've heard dozens of stories of people who woke and felt that there was a demon on their chest, holding them down. Now, I don't *disbelieve* in demons....I have a very active imagination populated with all sorts of fanciful creatures, including fairies, leprechauns, yeti, ghosts....I even have trolls living in my backyard! However, I am not scared of them. There is nothing on earth that has the power to frighten me in a spiritual way. There is a quote I've always liked "I no longer look for Satan under every rock....I know what ROCK he's under!" I am glad my life is sweet. I hope that my children's lives are also happy, and their dreams sweet enough that if they wake into the dream world (love that thought!) it will be an enjoyable experience. :)

2 comments:

Jeanie Olinger said...

Love your perspective on this all too common occurrence! I've been through the "demon on my chest" teachings too! lol! Really enjoyed your writing style and your statement about the Rock!Thanks for sharing!

Pamela M M Berkeley said...

I really love that quote!