Monday, September 28, 2009

Late Nights

Tonight, about 1:00, Anna started singing "Danny Boy" then stopped and said, "I can't remember what comes next."

I was just about to get off the computer, but I asked if she would like for me to find and print the lyrics out for her. She would, so I did.....but then there was a bit of conjecture about the tune, so I looked it up on You Tube and we listened to it...along with a Muppets version ; )

Then she pulled the piano-ish electric keyboard out, and started picking out the notes, so I asked if she'd like some music for it.....she did, so I went in search of music, then I marked the notes with their corresponding letters and she played around with it a bit, and now Emma's playing with it.

It reminded me of Sandra Dodd's page Late Night Learning ....and I'm glad that, although I need to get up early for a doctor's appointment tomorrow, I was still awake to help her find what she needed in the middle of the night. : )

(And now I'm *really* getting off the computer and going to bed!)

No comments: