Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Life, Part Two

In response to my previous post , in which I whine a lot....

I'll try a more positive spin...

We got to volunteer at the food pantry again today! It's so nice to be able to help people. : ) Daddy didn't get to go with us, because he had an opportunity to help our neighbour...and make a little extra money. Extra money is always nice. : )

The squirrels were SO well behaved today, it was amazing! One of their friends was there, and she helped them with their work, and boys kept coming in, which delighted Emma, as she enjoys seeing a good-looking fellow every now and again. ; )

I had lots to do, no time spent wondering what needs doing! That's always nice. I like having jobs. : ) Even with being so busy, I did get to have a nice chat with the director after lunch. It turns out she's a distant relative...she's so thrilled by that! lol She's a sweetheart.

The commode overflowed just before we left, and thankfully we had some blankets Daddy's mother had sent down....they're wonderfully absorbant and just the thing to get water up out of the floor. They worked so well all the water was out of the floor in no time. I brought them home with me to wash....it's such a blessing to be able to do that! Up until about six months ago (probably less....I don't remember the dates exactly) I wouldn't have been able to do that, because I didn't have a dryer. Now I have a dryer, and it's SO NICE to be able to just pop them into the washer, then into the dryer and they're DONE! : ) I can take them back tomorrow all fresh and clean, ready for the next time the commode overflows. lol

On the way home we passed an injured pigeon, and my sweet girls wanted to stop and get it. I'm so glad they show compassion for animals like that! It was really badly injured...I thought it had died twice while I was holding it.....so we brought it home with us so Daddy could put it out of it's misery. Poor little thing. Daddy was wonderful, though....I'm so glad I've got him to do stuff like that! (I really could have used him during the restroom incident, too....true confession time....I don't know how to use a plunger!lol)

I made spaghetti and cheese sticks for supper (I love my crockpot! It's so nice to have food ready when you get home!). I accidentally knocked my plate in the floor, and Emma gave me hers....my squirrels are so sweet! : )

I was thinking of berry picking this evening, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow. Both girls are tired, and, truth be told, I'm a bit sleepy, myself. ; )

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Both posts show how the same events can be looked at differently.
Thanks for doing that!

It is sad when we can't save an animal.
I burn dinner when I have PMS which is why I asked dh to bring pizza tonight :)