Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's After 2 in the Morning...

and I'm still online. I keep going from one thing to another, then I thought I might blog about what we've been up to.....and I'm getting *really* sleepy, and should be in bed, but Daddy is watching stargate atlantis, or something, in there, and I hate to bother him.

Anyway.

After our first big find of last week, we went back and...are you ready for this?....found ANOTHER batch of artifacts! More tools this time, and lots of flakes, not so many nicely shaped arrow-spear points, but the tools are AMAZING! And I did the stupidest thing...Emma dug out a sandstone, and I said it was just sandstone, it grows naturally where we were digging, so it's probably nothing important and she tossed it away. Later, we realized it was (DUH!) used for sanding. I'm SO stupid sometimes. lol *However* thinking about it made me realize I know of two other places where sandstones are peeking out of the ground. I wonder..... ; )

Researching the artifacts has made me interested in geneology research again. I've *finally* gotten to my grandmother's third-great grandparents, I believe. They're harder to track than a weasel! I spent hours in the library geneology room today, and only got one census record worth keeping! At least I found *somthing* though. I guess I could really say I found two things...because the census record was in a different county than I had thought, so I need to check that counties records instead of the county we live in. I am hoping the "far" library will have the information, so I won't have to drive an hour to a library to which I have never been to look. I need to get online and search, but it's too late tonight.

My DH claims to have Chocktaw (sp?) blood, so he's wanting to find out more about that, and I'm trying to follow both lines of my paternal grandmother (her maternal and paternal), so I've got too many irons in the fire right now, and the names get all muddled in my mind. I'm trying to make myself concentrate on one name at a time, but it's HARD! ; ) I'll be looking, see another familiar name and go off in that direction. ; ) Then there's all the fun of finding a book that proclaims "______ family history" and it's a name I need, but some odd different branch, and I hope, and check through it, and then the info isn't what I need, and I've wasted that time.... : (
lol I told Daddy I was wanting to find the information i need like we found the arrowheads...just lying there waiting for me. ; ) (Actually, that *is* how I've gotten most of my family lines traced. Just wait until someone else traces it and put the information online, then copy it down. lol)

I should say something about what my girls have been up to, also, this week. Well...Anna has drawing a lot of pictures of our Indian friend sitting and chipping at his flint, and Emma has been playing with Meez online. She's having a BLAST Meezing. lol

Anna has also been decorating our house for H'ween. She has some Barbie dolls hung by their necks from a tree, and a pair of pants and shoes with deer bones sticking out in the front yard. She also carved her pumpkin, and painted it up like an Indian. ; )

No comments: