Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Apple Butter, Anyone?

I made my first batch of apple butter! I'm so proud of myself! ; ) Actually, I thought it was too sweet...the recipe called for four cups of sugar, which *I* believe was too much. Next batch I'm going to try three. But, even though it's a bit sweet, it still tastes like...get ready for it....apple butter! Frankly, I was surprised. lol It even LOOKS like apple butter.

It rained today, so I couldn't sit on the porch and peel apples, so I'm waiting until tomorrow to put another batch on to cook.

In other news today, Anna spent most of the day writing a story. She stopped for a couple brief moments...once to go with us to take Oscar to the vet to get his stitches out...yay!...and she let me have the computer to check my e-mails this morning, but other than that, she was on the computer typing from 10-4.....and when I printed it, it was two pages long...well, actually one and a half pages. When I think of her sitting there, thinking SO hard to come up with just what she wanted to say, finding the letters on the keyboard, and spelling, I'm impressed! And people say kids won't work unless they're made to! HA! She asked for help spelling a few words this morning, then started writing them how she felt best...but I'm going to refrain from putting any of them on here, because I don't think it would be nice. Let's just say...she spells like I do. ; ) But she's cute, so that more than makes up for it. lol

Emma was on their computer most of the day, and Daddy has hidden himself away in the bedroom on his computer, so it's been fairly quiet around here. Except for the occasional dog/cat fight...I got a water gun to shoot at them when they fight, and they are fighting less. Oscar barks at it when I hold it up. lol

Oscar did the cutest thing. He has a toy mouse that vibrates when you pull a string on it's tail, and he's learned how to pull the string and make it move! It's so cute. He holds it between his paws, and pulls the string with his teeth, then lets it crawl away a little, catches it and pulls it again. SO cute! : ) He was nervous about going to the vet. I didn't want to see them take the stitches out, so I was going to stay in the waiting room, but he wanted me, so I had to go back, and then he climbed me like I was a tree! lol He was good, though, while they took out the stitches, and then he was SOSOSOSOSO happy to be going home instead of being left alone there again. : )

I napped some today....I stayed up until 4:30 this morning watching videos on you tube. I didn't realize time was getting away so quickly, until suddenly it was 4:30, and I was tired. I *LOVED* this one, though...Andy Griffith looks SO old...and cute as can be...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvKgnkIN8C8&feature=user

No comments: