Friday, January 30, 2015

Put Yourself in My Shoes, Please

I was listening to my brother preach and he mentioned someone who has gone back to drugs and is suicidal, and I thought if the church stopped preaching a message of lives of perfection and started preaching that we all fall and get back up (Proverbs 24:16) perhaps suicide wouldn't seem like the only way to deal with an ongoing issue like drugs.

Found a similar sentiment expressed in this blog post by Boz Tchividjian, Words Matter.

Oh, that everyone would stop and think about what they're saying before they say it!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I really think it strongly depends on who the preacher is and what message they wish to convey to the congregation. Nobody is perfect, nobody will ever be perfect and we all make mistakes! Suicide is very rampant and it is sad, but I think that society still has a stigma about mental illness and this has to stop.